Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Mystery of the Heart

What spell is this I've fallen into, maybe a dream is all it is
As today passes, what I feel may go away, its power over me a memory past
When tomorrow comes I will awake to a freedom within my heart that only I will know
A freedom something I think I would rather not to last

What can I do, how do I give in as I fall for this longing taking hold
The sweetest of all dreams that I may ever know
And I wander aimlessly to this call, to this dream, this nameless thing
Never looking back, onward through life and dreams I gladly go

Drawn with every breath I take to pay heed to its call to its hold
Were I to give into its want, embrace it with all I am and all I have
Give my heart freely and without regret, offer it for all it is
Become a part of this dream of this day, give it my heart to save

I have wandered around this thing much too long I finally see
It's there to guide me, to show me, to keep me in its throes
Capture my heart, place it with the one who truly cares
Allow this thing called love, gather it from someone who knows

And there she is, as sweet as my dreams allowed her to be
Surely an angel without wings, and all that love could ever be
What would hold me now to this mystery of my heart I've found
Is the love within this dream, true love, that fell from her heart to me



2 comments:

Debra Bryant said...

I see you are working... :)

Patci said...

Thanks for sharing, Mike,....your way. God bless you & Your Love in time of need.