Monday, January 17, 2011

Heaven's Door

When Heaven’s door is open wide, and the time for us to enter

I’ll know down deep inside my heart, you were the one I’m meant for
For time may stop, and stars grow dim, my heart no longer beating
If I'm to be beside this gate I'll wait for our next meeting


I know that time may someday end, and all we know is gone

A dream down deep inside my soul will keep me hanging on
If love is what I think it is, and you feel the same as I
We will live our lives forevermore, and never say goodbye


These are my promised words of love, from my soul so deep within
All my love, my heart, my soul, and dreams, and too my silly grin
Are yours to take, to have and hold, and treasure within your heart
Hold them close and dear, and the end of time is just the time to start

And what if time goes on and on, and our hearts are still as one
Could our love withstand the trials of time, and never be undone
Our love will last as it always will, as time has done before
You'll look up and see me standing there, right here at Heaven’s door

No comments: